Our Consumer Privacy Notice describes the kind of information that we collect about you and your accounts with us. It also explains how this information might be shared with others, and how you have a right to control that sharing. The Notice also describes our efforts to responsibly guard your personal information and keep it safe.
Click on a topic to see that portion of the Notice, or follow through each section below:
Our Security Procedures
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with federal guidelines to safeguard consumer information. We constantly strive to keep information about you confidential and ensure that it is only accessed for legitimate purposes.
In this privacy notice, the terms 'we,' 'us,' and 'our' refer to Sandhills Bank (the 'Bank'), Sandhills Holding Company, Inc., and its affiliates.
Throughout this notice, the term 'our affiliates” refers to organizations that are part of Sandhills Holding Company, Inc or are owned by the same person(s) with majority interest in Sandhills Holding Company, Inc. Likewise, the term 'nonaffiliated' describes an organization that is neither part of Sandhills Holding Company, Inc. nor owned by its directors.
This notice will also include references to 'nonpublic information' - information about you that is not publicly available. Such information can be obtained by the Bank from applications for products and services, as well as through our relationship with you. Furthermore, nonpublic information also includes your status as a current or former customer or accountholder.
If your accounts are closed and/or your relationship with us is terminated, we will continue to treat the information collected about you in accordance with this notice.
Categories of Information We May Collect
We may collect the following categories of information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications, personal financial statements, and other oral, written, or electronic correspondence, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with the Bank and other affiliated companies, such as your account balance and payment history.
- Information we receive from third parties, including parties providing services that involve your transactions and credit history, such as credit bureaus.
Disclosure of Information to Affiliates
To the extent permitted by law, we may share personal identification information as well as information about your accounts and transactions with our affiliates.Unless you tell us not to, we may also share other nonpublic information about you with affiliates for other purposes, such as offering or considering you for other products, services, or opportunities.
Affiliates that might receive this information are all involved in financial services, including banks, insurance agencies, mortgage companies, and investment companies.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may also disclose nonpublic information to nonaffiliated third parties to the extent permitted by law. Examples iof such information sharing could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- The sharing of information necessary to assist us in servicing your accounts
- The sharing of demographic information such as name, address, and phone numbers with marketing agencies for purposes such as direct mailadvertising.
- Unless you tell us not to, we may also share other nonpublic information about you with nonaffiliates. Nonaffiliated parties that might receive this information are involved in financial services, including banks, insurance agencies, mortgage companies, and investment companies.
- We limit our sharing of customer information to that which is necessary to conduct our business, provide quality service and offer other products and services that we believe would suit your needs.
Your Right to Opt-Out
If you ask to be excluded from information sharing, you may lose some benefits associated with learning about new products and services offered by our affiliates and third party organizations with which we work to serve you.
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic information about you to our affiliates and/or nonaffiliated third parties, you have the right to opt-out. You may request that we not share this information.
NOTE: In sharing information with affiliates, the right to opt-out only covers application and credit-related information obtained from you that we might share with others. We may continue to share information with our affiliates as permitted by law, such as information regarding your transactions and general identifying information (name, address, phone numbers, social security number).
If you have one or more accounts with us, you may choose to opt-out for all or some of your accounts. In the case of a joint account, the decision by one accountholder to opt-out will apply to all persons for that account.
(Example: If Joe and Jane have a joint account, Joe's decision to opt-out will also apply to Jane with respect to that account. But, it would not apply to or affect any of Jane's individual accounts. If Jane wishes to opt-out completely, Jane would need to exercise her opt-out separately.)
If you decide to opt-out, indicating your desires as described above, you may do so in any of the following ways:
Write us, notifying us of your request:
Re: Privacy Disclosures
1020 Hwy 17 N.
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Call us TollFree at: 1-800-609-6724
(Request to speak to a representative about Privacy Disclosures)
(Telephone Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F, EST)
E-Mail us, to request an Opt-Out Form: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandhills Bank will continue to remain dedicated to protecting information about you and your relationship(s) with us. If you have any questions about anything in the Consumer Privacy Notice, please contact us in any of the ways listed above.